Share fraud warning
The Company is obliged by law to make its share register publicly available and, as a result, some shareholders may receive unsolicited mail. We have become aware of a small number of shareholders who are receiving unsolicited phone calls concerning their shareholding in Vectura. These are generally from overseas organisations who do not represent Vectura Group and are offering to buy or transact Vectura shares for considerably more than the current market price, or sell other investment products which could be worthless or very high-risk investments.
If you are approached by such an organisation, please act with extreme caution and if you receive any unsolicited mail or investment advice:
- make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation
- check the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk
- use the details on the Financial Services Register to contact the firm
- call the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6788 if there are no contact details on the Register or you are told they are out of date
- beware of fraudsters claiming to be from an authorised firm, copying its website or giving you false contact details
- use the firm’s contact details listed on the Register if you want to call it back
- search the list of unauthorised firms and individuals to avoid doing business with at www.fca.org.uk/scams
- report a share scam by telling the FCA using the share fraud reporting form at www.fca.org.uk/scams
- if the unsolicited phone calls persist, hang up
- if you wish to limit the amount of unsolicited mail you receive, contact The Mailing Preference Service, FREEPOST 29 (LON20771), London W1E 0ZT or visit the website at www.mpsonline.org.uk
If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you will not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. If you have already paid money to share fraudsters you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.